Social media marketing has become a crucial part of all your digital marketing efforts in 2021. Social media started as a platform where people can socialize over digital mediums. However, that humble start is today the most powerful avenue for marketing and promotion of businesses. There are multiple social media platforms but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest are the most popular.
Social media marketing when done right, has lucrative results. They help reach more potential customers than traditional means. But there are both pros and cons of social media marketing. While it’s very effective, it also is very time-consuming. Here are all you should be aware of to get the best results.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing:
1. You Can Reach a Large Audience
According to Pew Research Center, 73% of U.S. adults use YouTube, 68% are on Facebook. Moreover, 35% of all adults are on Instagram, 29% on Pinterest more than 25% of adults use Snapchat, LinkedIn, or Twitter. So if you can just plan and execute the social media marketing strategies properly, the possibilities are endless.
2. Social Media Creates Direct Communication with Your Audiences
Social media is a fairly open-source of communication. Anything you want to share, directly reaches the user, aka your potential customer. You also get to have a close look at their activities and derive what they want. This enables you to provide better customer service and gain valuable insight into your customers.
3. Social Media Content is Relatively Easy to Create
Social media marketing doesn’t need costly graphics at all times. You can post organic content using photos clicked with just a smartphone. This opens many opportunities to create multiple inexpensive marketing copies and target various audiences at one time.
4. Social Media Marketing Also Involves Paid Advertising Services
Apart from organic content, you can also create paid advertisement services for your marketing activities. Every platform has its own unique services fit to target its unique audience base. Explore and learn.
5. You Can Build Your Brand on Social Media
Social media offers the best means to create your brand at the lowest costs. With the huge audience base and communication advantages, it is also a great way to spread your brand awareness and even to grow a community.
Some other significant Advantages are,
- You can drive traffic to your website from your social media platforms
- You can evaluate and analyze the performance of your social media marketing plan with proper data
- Social media networks are free
What are the disadvantages of Social Media?
With so many advantages, there are a few disadvantages as well. Before jumping into social media marketing activities, you need to learn why so many strategies fail.
- You can receive negative feedback
- Social media is highly competitive and continuously generating new trends
- You open up the potential for embarrassment
- You must spend a lot of time on your campaigns. Posting and sharing content is not enough.
- You have to be patient and wait to see the results
If you can create social media plans strategically enough to steer clear of the above concerns, you are in for a gold mine of potential customers. Have patience and keep doing your marketing positively and persistently. Also, with so much competition it is a mandatory SEO practice along with traditional web marketing. Therefore, Digital Sprout, the results-driven Maryland SEO company, advises & offers a 360-degree marketing plan in place. Turn more of your visitors into paying customers with our best-in-class web marketing and social marketing services in Annapolis, MD for eCommerce.